Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Next Project

I just sent out an e-mail to my friends, it is my next project that I think will be fun and challenging. I hope my friends don’t mind being stuffed animals! Here is the e-mail:

Diva and I are working on a children’s book about a woman who had to leave college because of mental illness when she was a teenager and goes back to get her degree when she‘s in her thirties. It is called “I Married a Stuffed Animal Wrangler” and is told from the point of view of her stuffed animals. Like Winnie the Pooh or Alice in Wonderland I want to use real people as the basis for my characters -- her stuffed animals:

Jill Squirrel: A singing stuffed animal with A.D.D. who tends to lose things -- but all the squirrels do that -- has a fondness for stripes.

Tippy Cow: Has a safe place to be alone when her anxieties get the better of her.

Nicole Tree Frog: A little broken hearted and can get clinically blue now and then.

Tami Dolphin: a dolphin that can’t swim and wears water wings.

Jeanne Kitten: Loves dolphins and is committed to helping Tami over come her fears.

If you don’t want to be in the book, want me to change the name or just long to be a different stuffed animal, let me know. I am just starting so it won’t be a problem. I think it will be fun to have toys with issues. And if you think it will be too complicated to have a children’s book about mental illness -- don’t worry, I’m sure the kids can sit the adults down and explain it all to them.

Vincent

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I wrote a Children's Book on a different subject but, it is an exciting project to do. I think you have got something here. Mental Illness Awareness and Education is very important at all ages.

    ReplyDelete