Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Meet the Diva



Well, good morning everyone! Traffic on the net is expected to be at an all time high today because Vincent and Diva are live on line. I know what you’re thinking (if I am not, please tell me so.) You’re thinking, “Oh God, here is another voice, another text of that insanely happy woman…” who, yes, believe it or not likes it when someone says “Happy Monday!” Why? Because people actually react, no matter what they’re doing, when someone says, “Happy Monday,” whether it be “Oh God, I want to smack that person for saying that.” or “Well okay, or “Oh cool, another sarcastic person behind the Happy Monday!!” In few seconds were all connected. In a very odd and strange way, I like stuff that. Before I go off on this tangent… I know, I know… you’re already prejudging me.


Behind my pink keyboard and monitor, I am a 36 year old about to become 37. I love being 37. I am alive. I have so much more life to live and to contribute. O Captain, my Captain… Seize the Day… shout to the dead poet’s society!! Whoot! Whoot! For the love of humanities! Humanities is the study of looking at things like mental illness that is more than what we think it might mean or have been taught from TV, movies and news and, yes, our families. That is why I believing in this site so much. It is a positive place for anyone to go to whether you have a mental illness or not. If you want to see something in a different light… a strange light, we have that here with the help of my love, Vincent. He came up with the idea to have site where everyone could go and see mental illness in a positive light -- in a non-threatening and a kind, caring atmosphere. Can that exist? A non-threaten and a kind, caring atmosphere for mental illness? Low and behold, it can. My man… do you see me blushing with love!! Anyway, my man and I have created that place.


I am so tired of hearing about mental illness in the news. Why is it always the guy who commits a really bad crime that gets the media talking about mental illness? I have committed no crime. I just have mental illness. The media’s view of mental illness is crazy. Oh, another thing, we do not use the word crazy on our website. It is known fact that in order to change people’s vocabulary we need to start teaching.

Our new word is funky instead of crazy. I mean, when you call someone crazy people get all shook up about it… there are others who will call a person crazy. Well, that is their weakness, the rude m-ther F--kers! So if you’re gonna say crazy on this site, it can only be when you spot a stigma buster… I will go more into that later… We will have stigma buster page… in the future.


I have major depression, and you know my life is not all that bad. In fact, it was much worse when I was learning I had major depression. It was much worse before I knew I was like Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice, “My whole life is a dark room. One big dark room.” But I will talk about that later. Right now I am going to show you photos that I took. I also do collage, oil painting, embellishing I am like the Renaissance man Leonardo Da Vinci, except I am woman. Vincent asked me to choose just three photos. I said, “Are you nuts, only three?” I mean, I love looking at all of my photographs so to narrow it down to just three is like asking Vincent to stop talking for a few minutes while we’re in the car doing errands (otherwise I’d get lost while caught up in the excitement of our wonderful conversations.) I love you, Vincent ….

So as promised here are “three” photographs I say three because I could not just choose three...








Shadows




Bees and flowers



Bird Flying





Shadows







Sunflowers





Fair colors flower


I will write more about what I think of each one when you get these and start posting them. A note from the diva then again it’s never just a note!

3 comments:

  1. Fun Diva! Like the pics! Question, shouldn't you have said, "Vincent are you funky"? Just asking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diva thought about that Friday when she read the post!!! We are all works in progress, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose these pictures because something stuck me on the inside about each and every one !
    Diva

    ReplyDelete