Friday, August 20, 2010

Popping the Big Question to Diva

Yesterday, Diva received a gift card. It was a thank you for volunteering for Warmline (a hotline run by the local NAMI office to help people with mental illness). Did I just mention a gift card? Yep and that my friends could only mean one thing: we girls were goin’ shopping!

Hopping in the fab-mobile, we set out sights on Target. Her haul? A set of bed spreads and pillow covers (hot pink with big-ass white polka dots all over them) and a DVD set with four chick flicks -- including a heartwarming Christmas story with Linda Hamilton and Nazis. Needless to say, our next slumber party will rock! The administrator who mailed the gift card would be amazed, but send a gift card to a woman with adult attention disorder -- and this shit will happen. Girlie fun and mayhem will ensue.

As we sat munching at Taco Bell, I got my courage up and finally popped the question to Diva: would she please be my partner in blogging? This is a big step in any writer’s life. It wasn’t all about me anymore. It was all about Diva, as it should be. After all, if you are unfortunate enough to talk to me, I will find a way of turning the conversation to Diva like some Star Trek geek going on and on about Shatner. Kerry is my hero, and she doesn’t even have a starship -- yet. We just have an empire of dreams and that’s enough.

The fact that Diva has border line personality doesn’t mean she is on the boarder line of having a personality, it means she has an excess of it. She is the most beloved Minnesotan since Mary Richards. Diva is the show pony in my stable. And yes, I get the irony. Using the word “stable” in connection with either of us is damn funny.

The only other thing we had to come up with was her alias, Diva, for this blog. We had to make sure none of you freaks surfing the net in your underwear, sipping Mountain Dew, could start stalking her ass. That, from now on, is my job and my job alone.

Here are a few changes to make us better cartoons -- easier to digest for public unaccustomed to having strange people like us in their living room. Yes, Diva, I’ll wipe my feet and won’t touch their white walls. Here are the changes:


Strange Light: The True Adventures of Diva and Vincent.

This is the story of two underdog artist with mental illness, a romance with each other and with art.

I am Vincent, a writer trying to understand creativity and my own broken mind. Diva is a painter/photographer who vowed to get her college degree after surviving cancer in 2009. Together we make up the most beloved couple since Hitler and Goebbels. Welcome to our world and play nice.







No comments:

Post a Comment