Friday, June 18, 2010

Tit


Like the title? Does it make you want to download music? It should. A while ago Hayley Williams of Paramore...

A) had her twitter account hacked...

B) didn't understand the difference between a private and a public message in a new app...

C) wanted to generate interest in her music...

...and a picture she took of herself topless magically appeared on her Twitter account.

Since then people have started following her twitter account in droves, her single with B.o.B. "Airplanes" is near the top of the charts and Paramore just sold out the O2 Arena in England. Dang, those must be a pretty amazing pair. Well, frankly my dear, I've seen her breasts and... I downloaded the single. The power of a pair of boobs is amazing. But in my defense Hayley has orange hair, is a little pixie, wares the geekiest glasses, has a tattoo on her leg that reads: "Shave Me" and is so EMO. How could I not be smitten? She's everything I like in a gal. And in fairness she is a good singer.

Who am I kidding? I fell for it. Sucker.

Now I've been hearing rumblings that Sarah McLachlan's 2010 Lilth Fair is fumbling toward bankruptcy. That's awful. Her latest album, "Laws of Illusion", is her best CD yet. She may have written better songs ("Possession", "Angel", and "Good Enough") but no album holds together better as a complete work from beginning to end. It is about her marriage: the trouble, the end and the emotional aftermath. It is a real, heartfelt masterpiece and... her first single hasn't even charted. 

She has talent, a compelling story, and an amazing voice. Didn't she pave the way for so many women in music (who are to "busy" to perform at the 2010 Lilth Fair)? Where did she go wrong? What does Hayley, Lady Gaga, Britney, Christina, Katy, Hannah and Mylie got that Sarah ain't got?

Oh, showing those? Mmmm, you're right. Let me fix that. Mr. and Ms. Fan, for your viewing pleasure: Sarah McLachlan's butt. Now run out and buy her CD already. Don't make me post an upskirt of Katy Perry. And as for you Hayley, Gaga, Britney, Christina, Katy, Hannah and Mylie... as far as I'm concerned, you can kiss Sarah McLachlan's big fat Canadian ass.


2 comments: