Thursday, March 25, 2010

ROCK! Garden

Kerry and I had babies today: Parsley, Chives, Basil, Lettuce. We plant them together after our vacation. I didn’t know gardening could be such a blast. Kerry decorated the pots and we planted the seed last week. All but the parsley have sprouted. Kerry enjoyed it so much that she bought Snap Dragon and Morning Glories. I thought I’d plant tomatoes but the store was already out. All the herbs I had just planted were sold out too. Dang. Good thing I grabbed them early. It seems I’m not the only one with a window garden. (I used to call it a pot garden -- but I got too many odd looks.) It is like World War II all over again. Everybody has a Victory Garden. I’m calling mine a “ROCK!” Garden and rename the plants. Here’s possibilities unless someone has a funnier idea. Pop finally gets to eat itself: :

Elvis Parsley (It’s still in the ground.)
Lettuce Gaga (It is a variety pack -- I don’t know what to expect.)
Jilly Sue Jalapeno (Small but mighty, like Sobule herself.)
Beatle Basil (From an octopus garden in the shade.)
Olivia Newton-Chives (I honestly love these.)
Oasis: What’s the Story Morning Glory?

I have no idea what to call the snap dragons. I refuse to call them Daryl Snap Dragons... I mean who the hell under 30 knows who Captain and Tennille are?! Kids today don’t know the horror that was “Muskrat Love”.

I am a grand cook and it will be nice to have fresh herbs again. I just made Kerry fried wanton with cream cheese filling. That went over very well. Sunday I will cook a very cool dinner after we take a walk in a local grave yard to relax. Yeah, we’re different.

And because I feel really bad about trashing the Cap and Ms. T, here is a link to their official website: www.captainandtennille.net/ index.shtml 



No comments:

Post a Comment